Current Open Positions:
Position Open: Teens for Life Program Health Educator
Posting Date: January 19, 2017
Application Due: January 30, 2017
Crisis Support Services of Alameda County, a nonprofit agency, is seeking qualified candidates for the
position of program assistant for our Teens for Life program. This program reaches out to young
people throughout Alameda County and provides education and prevention services for depression and
suicide. This position will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Education.
• Present information on depression and suicide in a classroom setting in schools throughout
• Disseminate information on agency resources at health fairs
• Assist in data entry, evaluation, and development of program materials
• Assist in outreach to schools and youth organizations
• Attend agency staff meeting and clinical supervision
• Willing to work on CSS agency 24-Hour crisis line as needed
• College degree preferred with mental health/public health emphasis or equivalent work
• Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience working with youth preferred
• Prior experience in suicide prevention preferred. If no prior experience, must receive training
on agency’s suicide prevention crisis line
• Sensitive to the cultural and ethnic diversity of Alameda County
• Having car and auto insurance preferred (or be proficient in using public transportation)
• Bilingual preferred, but not required
Salary and Schedule
This position is 20 hours per week. The pay is $16.50 per hour, plus benefits.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Teens for Life
Program Health Educator in the subject line by 5PM Monday January 30, 2017.
Crisis Support Services of Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.