We are seeking a Crisis Line On-Call Supervisor to fill Overnight Shifts and other daytime shifts as needed; ability to cover overnight shifts a must.
This position is for people who enjoy thinking on their feet, collaborating with local behavioral health agencies, and working with people from diverse backgrounds. Join our team of dedicated staff to help people in crisis in our community. Our training program is highly regarded in the community.
This is an on-call, as needed position, with opportunity for advancement. The primary duties for the job involve providing crisis intervention counseling and shift supervision on the agency’s 24-hour telephone crisis lines midnight to 9:00am and other 4 hour shifts. You must also be available for emergency fill-in shifts. The position is required to attend the monthly crisis lines and/or weekly clinical meetings.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide crisis intervention counseling on the agency’s 24-hour telephone crisis lines
- Train new volunteers
- Provide leadership and support to agency volunteers (shift leadership)
- Other duties as needed
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience with telephone crisis intervention counseling preferred
- Flexibility and availability evenings and weekends and overnight shifts a necessity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and follow agency protocols and procedures
- Ability to utilize supervision
- Ability to clearly communicate with shift partners agency protocols and procedures
- Ability to work with a diverse community of people
This is an on-call position. There may be opportunity for ongoing training, MFT or LCSW hours toward licensure.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make “Crisis Line On-Call Supervisor” the subject name. Applications are open until positions are filled.
Crisis Support Services of Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
As a Horizons Foundation 2015 grantee, CSS was invited to the Horizons Foundation‘s annual Grantee Celebration Breakfast where we had an opportunity to meet so many amazing individuals and nonprofits whose work is changing thousands of lives every day. Days after the Grantee Celebration Breakfast, we are still inspired!