On August 11, 2017, “Music Vibes,” a benefit concert for CSS, was held at the Revelation Christian Fellowship in San Leandro, CA. Presented by Casey Lee Pringle, Jr. and Erica Starr Pringle, the concert showcased over a dozen musical artists from the faith community who all generously donated their time and talent to help raise funds and awareness of CSS’ programs and services. Our deepest most heartfelt thanks to: Casey Lee Pringle, Jr., Erica Starr Pringle, JG and Red Letter, Steven Green and The Life Line, Victoria Manyweather, Jonathan H. Johnson, Jovan Watkins, Christian David, Aliya Hall, Tre Edwards, Lauren Byrd, Shonte Herring, Marilyn Shakur, Dale Anthony, Timothy Mays, Kris Ross, Josh Carter, Ashlee Young, and Dayanna Redic.
The holiday season can be a difficult and stressful time for many. That’s why it’s so important to stop and listen to your own needs, too. Join us this month as we give ourselves the best gift of all: self-care!
Throughout the month of December, the Lifeline will be sharing our best self-care tips and ideas with all of you. Be sure to share your own acts of self-care with us by using the hashtag #SeasonOfSelfCare!
Here are our ideas (for the month of December, and beyond!):
1. Take a walk outside
2. Write a love letter to yourself
3. Write about something you are grateful for in your life (it can be a person, place, or thing)
4. Create a happy playlist and a coping playlist
5. Treat yourself to a favorite snack
6. Watch your favorite movie
7. Forgive someone
8. Forgive yourself
9. Say thank you to someone who has helped you recently
10. Create a DIY self-care kit of things that make you feel better
11. Take your medication on time
12. Take a new fitness class at the gym (yoga, Zumba, etc.)
13. Plan a lunch date with someone you haven’t seen in a while
14. Pamper yourself with an at-home spa day
15. Take a day off from social media and the Internet
16. Cuddle with your pets or a friend’s pet
17. Take the time to stop, stand and stretch for 2 minutes
18. Wake up a little earlier and enjoy your a morning cup of tea or coffee before the morning rush
19. Take a hot shower or bath
20. Take yourself out to dinner
21. Start that one project you’ve been contemplating for a while
22. Sit with your emotions, and allow yourself to feel and accept them. It’s okay to laugh, cry, just feel whatever you’re feeling with no apologies!
23. Cook a favorite meal from scratch
24. Take a 5-minute break in your day
25. Compliment someone (and yourself, too!)
26. Give yourself permission to say no
27. De-clutter your mind: write down 5 things that are bothering you, and then literally throw them away
28. Donate 3 pieces of clothing that you no longer wear
29. Take the time to find 5 beautiful things during your daily routine
30. Take a mental health day from school, work, etc.
31. Take a nap